Friday 3 June 2011

Blair Lekstrom - MLA again

We love stuff like this:
June 11, 2010 - Blair Lekstrom - you'd almost believe he had integrity

"I was elected to represent the people of Peace River South and I have always committed to working with and for my constituents. I believe that my first priority as an elected official is to the people that elect me and then to the political party I represent. It is clear to me that the residents of Peace River South are opposed to the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) and are unhappy with the way in which our government moved forward with this policy ...
My decision to resign from Cabinet and the BC Liberal Caucus was very difficult, but I fundamentally disagree with the direction our government is headed ... When I was elected, I promised myself, my family and my constituents that I would not change who I am to do this job, and I have reached a point where my beliefs and values no longer align with my government.

Wow, personal standards. Only one in that mess of Liberals over there.
But wait, that was then, this is now - here we are in 2011 and what is this?


The all new, June 2011 subservient version of Blair Lekstrom - 

"I made a commitment when I took my oath of office. I think I can better serve the people of B.C. and my constituents if I'm going to stay in cabinet, if I'm going to stay in government," he said, acknowledging a tradition that would have likely seen him have to resign from cabinet in order to vote against his government.

Hmm. I guess integrity is buttered on the other side of the bread.
Who wins? Lekstrom gets his pay and personal power over beliefs and values.
Who loses? The people of Peace River who elected him. Nice that Blair Lekstrom's stars all align with his government this year. Threats of losing your job will do that to a man. 

Of course, no one is explaining WHY an MLA would lose his job over representing his people's wishes. Isn't that exactly against why we elect someone in the first place? Is this democracy or dictatorship?


In contemporary usage, dictatorship refers to an autocratic form of absolute rule by leadership unrestricted by law, constitutions, or other social and political factors within the state. 
Well yes, that is Christy Clark's Liberalism defined perfectly.




1 comment:

  1. All Liberals are scum of the earth.
    Don't know how anyone can vote for the crooks.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, folks, I know you're angry but try not to swear too much.